Tematy i Konteksty 10(15) 2020
URI dla tej Kolekcji
Ostatnio nadesłane materiały
- PozycjaPożegnanie profesora Krzysztofa Dmitruka(Wydawnictwo Uniwersytetu Rzeszowskiego, 2020) Pasterska, Jolanta; Stanisz, Marek; Pasterski, Janusz
- Pozycja“Poles of Attraction” – Kris Van Heuckelom’s Study of International Migration on Screen(Wydawnictwo Uniwersytetu Rzeszowskiego, 2020) Rokosz-Piejko, ElżbietaThe article is a review of Kris Van Heuckelom’s 2019 book titled “Polish Migrants in European Film 1918–2017”, which is – as the title suggests – a comprehensive study of the representation of Polish migrants in over 150 European film productions from the interwar period up to contemporary times. The author discusses those films made in Western European countries, in which immigrants from Poland appeared, both as protagonists and as background characters, placing them in a wider social and historical context. The chapters into which the book is divided correspond with the periods of political changes which had an impact on who emigrated from Poland and why. The films analysed, belonging to a wide variety of genres, illustrate the evolving image of Polish migrants and their roles in the societies in which they found themselves.
- PozycjaTwardowski i Teresa(Wydawnictwo Uniwersytetu Rzeszowskiego, 2020) Szargot, MaciejMonograph of Alicja Mazan-Mazurkiewicz „Liryka ks. Jana Twardowskiego. Spotkanie ze św. Teresą z Lisieux” is a reading of the works of a priest-poet through the prism of the person and the work of Saint Teresa of Lisieux, called “little Teresa”. It compares the works of a priest and Carmelite nun, as well as their personalities and biographies (above all – spiritual). The work is distinguished by research reliability, sensitivity and loyalty to texts. This is demonstrated by, for example, great interpretations of poems (e.g. „Niewidoma dziewczynka” and „Wierzę”), as well as themes (telephone, kiss, couple ...) and metaphors.
- PozycjaKornel Ujejski i muzyka(Wydawnictwo Uniwersytetu Rzeszowskiego, 2020) Maciąg, KazimierzKazimierz Maciąg presents an extensive review of the book by Kinga Fink „Muzyka w życiu i twórczości Kornel Ujejskiego” [„Music in the life and work of Kornel Ujejski”], Wydawnictwo Uniwersytetu Rzeszowskiego, Rzeszów 2018). Kornel Ujejski (1823–1897), known as the “last great poet of Romanticism”, is a poet who is somewhat forgotten. The analyzed monograph consists of three parts, in which the author presents: the analysis of the musical background on which the poet created, Ujejski’s poetry inspired by music and the history of poems for which music was created. The greatest value of the dissertation is not only to show only the sources and effects of musical inspirations, but also to see in the work of Kornel Ujejski motifs and themes that were and are important for the creators and readers of subsequent eras.
- PozycjaO „Rękopisie znalezionym w Saragossie” w perspektywie intertekstualnej raz jeszcze(Wydawnictwo Uniwersytetu Rzeszowskiego, 2020) Kowalewska, DanutaThe monograph of Maria Janoszka, entitled “The Manuscript Found in Saragossa by Jan Potocki and selected novels from the 20th century (Fowles- -Rosendorfer-Gretkowska)” is the first attempt to tackle the problem suggested by the title. Janoszka tries to show the unusual modernity of Potocki’s masterpiece. She researches the intertextual relations between “The Manuscrip”t and three 20th-century novels (“The Magus”, “The Architect of Ruins”, “Rękopis nieodnaleziony, czyli zalety szubienic”). The author focuses on the composition of works, genre and literary conventions. She also analyze the construction of the protagonist and novel spaces. The book is well documented and it has been written in an interesting way, making the monograph an incentive to continue research on Potocki’s masterpiece, which is a pioneering and still inspiring novel.