Ostatnio nadesłane materiały
Aktualnie wyświetlane 1 - 5 z 18
- PozycjaRecenzja książki Marty Bolińskiej „Stempel jakości. Formy dziennikarskie Doroty Terakowskiej”(Wydawnictwo Uniwersytetu Rzeszowskiego, 2020) Mityk, IwonaThe author presents and positively evaluates the latest book by Marta Bolińska about the journalistic achievements of the Krakow writer. There are analyzes of reports, columns, interviews published in Polish magazines and memories of Dorota Terakowska’s career.
- Pozycja„Mowa dziejów, mądrość poezji. Szkice” – nowa książka prof. dra hab. Gustawa Ostasza(Wydawnictwo Uniwersytetu Rzeszowskiego, 2020) Ożóg, ZenonThe author of the review presents and evaluates Gustaw Ostasz’s book. He draws attention to the multitude of articles it contains and their diversity: there are sketches, reviews, studies - analyzes and interpretations of poems, as well as reflections on the achievements of selected writers. The author recommends the book to students, teachers and literary researchers.
- PozycjaEdytorska lektura klasyki literatury dla dzieci(Wydawnictwo Uniwersytetu Rzeszowskiego, 2020) Pustuła, MartaWorks belonging to the world literary canon are widely commented on by literary scholars. The editorial aspects of the editions of the same works, however, do not have such thorough studies. The discussion of the editorial features of children’s publications seems to be all the more important because improperly selected typographic parameters may significantly impair the quality of the reading experience and discourage reading itself. The article indicates the importance of particular architectural elements of the Polish editions of two masterpieces of children’s literature, “Winnie the Pooh” and “Alice in Wonderland”, which appeared in Poland after 1989. The indication of specific typographical sizes and layouts of illustrations makes it possible to determine reading competences which should be possessed by a reader designed by the publisher, and thus also to prove whether a particular edition has been given an appropriate editorial design for the recipient.
- PozycjaZ Transylwanii do Hollywood i nieśmiertelności. Przypadek Beli Lugosiego(Wydawnictwo Uniwersytetu Rzeszowskiego, 2020) Kocot-Wierska, AgnieszkaThe aim of the article is to present the film career of a famous actor Bela Lugosi (1882–1956) and its most important turning points. Born as Béla Ferenc Dezső Blaskó in Austria-Hungary Lugosi was one of the most important stars of „The Golden Age” of Hollywood horror film in the 1930s but soon after his huge success in a role of Dracula in Tod Browning’s film he had to cope with a career breakdown. Horror as a genre and its changes during the 1930s, the 1940s and the 1950s and the myth of Dracula-Lugosi are the main frames of the article. The author describes also his significant place in popular culture and asks about his hypothetical presence in the notable horror film movements that reached popularity just after Lugosi’s death.
- PozycjaTeatr czasu wojny 1939–1945 w świetle zadań i wartości(Wydawnictwo Uniwersytetu Rzeszowskiego, 2020) Zawistowska, MonikaThe publication describes the activity of Polish theater during the Second World War. It is an attempt to look at theater from the perspective of the tasks and values it presented in this particularly difficult period. The article describes the functioning of open and underground theaters and theaters operating in concentration camps. The above-mentioned activities cannot be reduced to one formula or a specific species. In these conditions, the artistic level and innovation of many performances amaze. Paradoxically, this most dramatic theater achieved its greatest autonomy during the occupation. It has become a useful tool for restoring human dignity and art.