Przeglądanie Artykuły (KNM) / Articles (CoMS) według Tytuł
Aktualnie wyświetlane 1 - 20 z 59
Wyniki na stronie
- Pozycja1st Word Scientific Congress of Combat Sports and Martial Arts (22-24 September 2006) and “Rzeszow Declaration”(Arch Budo, 2007-12-28) Bąk, Robert; Kulasa, Jerzy
- PozycjaACCELEROMETER WGT3X ADDITION TO STUDIES OF PHYSICAL ACTIVITY(2015-12-17) Herbert, Jarosław; Czarny, WojciechPhysical activity is important for physical health and well-being, further movement and the simultaneous increase in energy expenditure are crucial aspects of human existence. In this paper, based on the literature review and the acquisition of accelerometer WGT3X discusses the basic tools of physical activity. Also presented new diagnostic tool to complement WGT3X Accelerometr studies physical activity. The use of accelerometric device is a valuable addition to the methods of questionnaire survey aimed at physical activity levels.
- PozycjaAdaptation and validation of the Physical Activity Questionnaire for Adolescents (PAQ-A) among Polish adolescents: cross-sectional study(BMJ Open, 2019-11-01) Wyszyńska, Justyna; Matłosz, Piotr; Podgórska-Bednarz, Justyna; Herbert, Jarosław; Przednowek, Krzysztof; Baran, Joanna; Dereń, Katarzyna; Mazur, ArturObjective The lack of a widely accepted questionnaire used to assess the physical activity (PA) of adolescents in the Polish language creates a need to introduce such a valid, reliable, inexpensive and quick tool for assessment. This study was designed to culturally adapt and validate the Physical Activity Questionnaires for Adolescents (PAQ-A) in the Polish language. Design Cross-sectional study. Participants and outcome measures Cultural adaptation of the Polish version of the PAQ-A was performed following the standardised questionnaires cultural adaptation process. In a sample of 78 adolescents aged 14–19 years, the PAQ-A test–retest was administered within a 1-week interval. Reliability was analysed by the intraclass correlation coefficient (ICC) and internal consistency with Cronbach’s α. Participants completed the PAQ-A, and wore an accelerometer for 7 consecutive days. The PAQ-A was compared with PA parameters obtained using the accelerometer. Results Test–retest reliability showed ICC=0.97 for the total score of PAQ-A. Internal consistency was excellent (α=0.93). The PAQ-A was very strongly correlated with steps per day (r=0.94) and with moderate-to- vigorous PA (r=0.81) assessed by the accelerometer. Conclusions The Polish version of the PAQ-A is a valuable tool to estimate general levels of PA among adolescents from 14 to 19 years old.
- PozycjaAn objective assessment of men’s physical activity during cooper test based on the direct monitoring by accelerometer actigraphwgt3x(Central European Journal of Sport Sciences and Medicine, 2015) Herbert, Jarosław
- PozycjaAnaliza zmian w profilu wezwań Zespołów Ratownictwa Medycznego Wojewódzkiej Stacji Pogotowia Ratunkowego w Rzeszowie w latach 2010–2013(Wydawnictwo Uniwersytetu Rzeszowskiego, 2015) Gawełko, Jan; Wilk, KonradWstęp: zadaniem Zespołów Ratownictwa Medycznego jest udzielanie świadczeń zdrowotnych w razie wypadku, urazu, porodu, nagłego zachorowania lub nagłego pogorszenia stanu zdrowia oraz transport poszkodowanego. Realizacji tych zadań służy system Państwowego Ratownictwa Medycznego. Cel badań: celem badań była analiza zmian w strukturze wezwań i wyjazdów ZRM w WSPR w Rzeszowie w latach 2010–2013. Materiał i metoda: metodą retrospektywnej analizy zbadano 87580 kart wyjazdu ZRM w WSPR w Rzeszowie z lat 2010–2013. Przeanalizowano częstość wyjazdów karetek pogotowia zespołów podstawowych i specjalistycznych, miejsca i pory zdarzenia, czas od przyjęcia zlecenia do przyjazdu na miejsce zdarzenia, postępowanie zespołu ratunkowego oraz kwalifikację przyczyn wyjazdów ZRM. Wyniki: w badanym okresie wezwania pilne stanowiły 88% wszystkich zgłoszeń, najczęściej ZRM wzywano do miejsca zamieszkania – 59%, największy odsetek pacjentów – 69% jest przekazywanych do szpitali ogólnych, do najczęstszych przyczyn wezwań zalicza się wg klasyfikacji ICD-10: zaburzenia oddychania R06, ból w gardle i klatce piersiowej R07, ból w okolicach brzucha i miednicy R10, złe samopoczucie, zmęczenie R53, omdlenie i zapaść R55. Odsetek zgonów pacjentów, do których wezwano ZRM wyniósł 2%, a w tym 77% zgonów nastąpiło przed przybyciem ZRM do pacjenta, 22% w trakcie udzielania pomocy, a 1% zgonów nastąpił w trakcie transportu. Wnioski: profil wyjazdów ZRM w latach 2010–2013 był zgodny z celami ustawowymi i statutowymi, czasy dotarcia ZRM do pacjenta różnią się w poszczególnych regionach kraju, czas dojazdu do miejsca wezwania był zgodny z celami ustawy, a odsetek dojazdów powyżej 20 minut wynikał z odległości miejsca wezwania (30–40 km), w przypadkach zakończonych zgonem pacjenta odsetek zgonu w trakcie udzielania pomocy był niski, a w trakcie transportu był bardzo niski i wynosił 1%. Rosnący odsetek chorych przekazanych do leczenia szpitalnego wymaga dalszych badań celem oceny liczby chorych przyjętych albo odesłanych z oddziału ratunkowego do domu.
- PozycjaAnalysis of the associations between quality of life and range of cervical spine rotation, severity of pain as well as disability level in patients with axis fracture(2018) Wolan-Nieroda, AndżelinaBackground: The study is designed to evaluate quality of life and functional performance in patients with a fracture of the axis, and to investigate the relationship between quality of life and the range of cervical spine rotation, pain intensity, and level of disability in these patients. Material and Methods. The study involved 60 patients receiving treatment due to axis fracture. Quality of life and functional performance were assessed using SF-36 Questionnaire and Neck Disability Index (NDI). Cervical spondylosis was examined with the use of the Zebris ultrasound system while the intensity of pain with the use of theVAS Visual Analog Pain Scale. Results. The subjects’ quality of life was poorer with respect to the mental dimension (32.3%) compared to the physical dimension (22.7%). Based on the NDI survey, the rate representing the patients’ functioning in daily life amounted to 13.7% which reflects mild limitations in functional abilities. It was shown that the range of cervical spine rotation (both right and left) was not related to the degree of disability of patients measured by the NDI questionnaire.The model of regression was statistically significant for overall quality of life (F=48.24 p<0.001), as well as physical dimension (F=45.1 p<0.001).
- PozycjaAnalysis of the correlation between body composition, construction and aerobic capacity in teenage team sport training(Uniwersytet Rzeszowski, 2018) Matłosz, Piotr; Michałowska, Jadwiga; Sarnik, Grzegorz; Herbert, Jarosław; Przednowek, Krzysztof; Grzywacz, Renata; Polak, EwaIntroduction. Research results indicate that a low level of physical fitness is associated with a high percentage of fat in the body and low levels of physical activity. The aim of this work was to assess the relationships between selected morphological indicators, and the level of aerobic capacity in adolescents attending the schools with team sports. Material and methods. The studies covered students participating in sports in middle school and high school; the study group included 90 boys aged 13-19 years. Body height and weight were measured as well as waist and hip circumference. Body weight components were assessed by using a Tanita Body Composition Analyzer. A Fitnessgram® test battery was used to assess physical fitness. Results. Research results indicates systematic increase of somatic characteristics such as weight, body height and waist and hips circuits with age. Taking into account the results obtained with the PACER test indicate a very good aerobic capacity of tested boys. Conclusions. Age is a factor that improves motor fitness of physically active adolescents. There is no linear relationship between BMI and fitness among the boys who regularly train team sports, but both lower and higher BMI values seem to be connected with lower physical fitness.
- PozycjaAssessment of inter-rater and intra-rater reliability of cervical range of motion (CROM) goniometer(2018) Wolan-Nieroda, AndżelinaPurpose: The current study was designed to assess inter-rater and intra-rater validity of cervical range of motion measurements performed with CROM goniometer. Material and methods: The study involved 95 healthy university students (31 males and 64 females) aged 20-24 years. Two examiners performed measurements of cervical range of motion using CROM goniometer. The same subjects were examined again after two weeks, in the same conditions. The results acquired by one rater during the first and the second examination were compared for reproducibility, while the results obtained by the two examiners were compared to assess validity and reliability of the tool. Cronbach’s alpha was applied to determine intra-rater reliability, and the values of correlations were used to assess the inter-rater agreement. Results: Analysis of the results showed both intra-rater and inter-rater agreement in all the measures of cervical range of motion. The highest intra-rater and inter-rater concordance was observed in the measure of extension. Intra-rater agreement for Examiner 1 was reflected by Cronbach’s alpha = 0.85, and for Examiner 2 by Cronbach’s alpha = 0.89. As for the inter-rater agreement in the measure of extension, the value of correlation in both the first and the second measurement amounted to r= 0.89. Conclusions: Measurements performed with CROM goniometer show inter-rater and intra-rater agreement in assessments of cervical range of motion. CROM goniometer can be recommended for use in daily clinical practice.
- PozycjaAssociation between objectively measured body composition, sleep parameters and physical activity in preschool children: a crosssectional study(BMJ Open, 2021-01-10) Wyszyńska, Justyna; Matłosz, Piotr; Asif, Muhamed; Szybisty, Agnieszka; Lenik, Paweł; Dereń, Katarzyna; Mazur, Artur; Herbert, JarosławObjective Associations between self-reported sleep duration and obesity indices in children are well recognised; however, there are no studies on associations between objectively measured other sleep parameters and physical activity with body composition in preschoolers. Therefore, the aim of this study was to determine the associations between sleep parameters and moderate-to- vigorous physical activity (MVPA) with body composition indices in preschoolers using objective measures. Design A cross-sectional study. Participants The study group consisted of 676 children aged 5–6 years, who were enrolled in kindergartens in the 2017/2018 school year. Outcome measures Sleep parameters and MVPA were measured using accelerometers for 7 days. Bioelectrical impedance analysis was used to estimate body composition. Results Sleep duration and sleep efficiency were inversely associated with body fat percentage (BFP) (β=−0.013 and β from –0.311 to −0.359, respectively) and body mass index (BMI) (β from −0.005 to −0.006 and from −0.105 to –0.121, respectively), and directly associated with fat-free mass (FFM) (β from 0.010 to 0.011 and from 0.245 to 0.271, respectively) and muscle mass (β from 0.012 to 0.012 and from 0.277 to 0.307, respectively) in unadjusted and adjusted models. BFP was inversely associated with MVPA and positively associated with number of awakenings and sleep periods. Number of sleep periods was inversely associated with FFM, and positively with BMI and muscle mass. Correlation matrix indicated significant correlation between BFP, FFM and muscle mass with sleep duration, sleep efficiency, number of sleep periods and MVPA. Conclusions Periodic assessment of sleep parameters and MVPA in relation to body composition in preschool children may be considered, especially in those who are at risk for obesity.
- PozycjaBMI as a factor influencing the number of steps among physical education students(Uniwersytet Rzeszowski, 2018-12-01) Herbert, Jarosław; Matłosz, Piotr; Grzywacz, Renata; Jaskierska, Patrycja; Sołek, AleksanderIntroduction. Organized physical activity (PA) is among factors that significantly influence the amount of realized PA. Aim. The aim of this study was to collect and analyze of the influence of BMI on the number of steps among women while undergoing obligatory sport camp as part of physical education studies and during study time at university. Materials and methods. The studies included women (n=60) ranging from 19 to 25 years of age. Their weekly physical activity was monitored using an accelerometer ActiGraph. The significance of the differences between the results for two consecutive measurements are pointed out among the same people, but under different conditions there was assessed at-student test for the variables. Compliance of measurement was described using testing and Bland-Altman chart. For the level of statistical significance p < 0.05 was adopted. Results. The requirements of the WHO on the minimum physical activity were met by almost all students. There is a lack of presence of a statistically significant relationship between BMI and the number of student steps, both in the case of measurement during study time (R = -0.03; p = 0.815) and at camp (R =-0.02; p = 0.865). Conclusions. Women are characterized by high activity (number of steps). BMI does not affect the number of steps for studies. Students meet the requirements of WHO (10000 steps).
- PozycjaCognitive and administrative barriers to the implementation of the extreme forms of physical activity in the educational system for students(Archives of Budo Science of Martial Arts and Extreme Sports, 2015-12-22) Bąk, Robert; Ďuriček, MilanBackground & Study Aim: Large application potential of extreme forms of physical activity (EFPA) is confirmed in daily media reports. However, one of the basic assumptions of the Bologna Declaration is to give students freedom to select classes and university at which they will be held. The main objectives of the study was to obtain data on perception and preferences of academic youth from various faculties regarding EFPA and on the other hand data on students’ knowledge about criteria of the Bologna Declaration in order to estimate any barriers to the implementation of EFPA to the education system. Material & Methods: The study involved 402 students from Rzeszow University, Poland. The average age of students amounted to 21.8 years. Students represented three groups of sciences: G1 – humanistic and social sciences (n = 115); G2 – exact science and engineering (n = 90); G3 – life sciences (n = 179). The study involved the use of questionnaire developed by the authors. EFPA was identified on the basis of three criteria: threat to health or life (C1), coordination difficulty (C2), body burden with high level of effort (C3). Results: Respondents pointed out to C1 as the most significant criterion to identify EFPA (78%), whereas they indicated C2 and C3 no more frequently than 30%. Knowledge about EFPA is obtained mainly from media (84%), from personal relations with other people (28%) and from their own physical activity only in 16%. Only 6% declared that they freely select classes during the studies, whereas 18% reported that they know, and 76% that they do not know the assumptions of BD and resulting application possibilities. Conclusions: Negligible knowledge of students about the assumptions of Bologna Declaration is a substantial barrier hindering the possibility of applying EFPA. This also implies limited possibility of monitoring such expectations from students and hinders implementations.
- PozycjaComparison of selected parameters of physical activity at school and at home in children aged 12 in rural areas in poland(Polish Journal of Sport Tourism, 2018) Herbert, Jarosław; Warchoł, Krzysztof; Przednowek, Krzysztof; Grzywacz, RenataIntroduction. In recent years, research studies have demonstrated a significant decrease in physical activity (PA) amongst young people. Most of the young generation participate in sport and recreation too rarely, and they devote too much time to passive leisure. Diagnoses of physical activity at different stages of our lives, with particular emphasis on children and adolescents, are increasingly indicating that along with age, the level of physical activity, especially during leisure time, is decreasing. Material and methods. The aim of the study is to compare selected parameters of physical activity on a single day among students aged 12 and to determine how these parameters differ at school and at home. The study was conducted using an ActiGraph WGT3X accelerometer on a group of 100 students (50 girls and 50 boys) in a rural area of southern Poland. Results. The analysis showed that for parameters such as vigorous activity, total moderate-to-vigorous physical activity (MVPA), and step count, the observed difference between the time spent at school and outside of school was statistically significant (p < 0.05). All of these parameters were characterised by a higher level during school time. On the basis of the analyses performed, it was concluded that the school environment contributes to increasing youth’s physical activity. Effective educational programmes promoting physical activity in different forms should be addressed to youth as well as to parents (custodians), who are responsible for the physical development of their children.
- PozycjaCzęstość występowania i rozmieszczenie stwardnienia rozsianego w Polsce i na świecie(Wydawnictwo Uniwersytetu Rzeszowskiego, 2015) Guzik, Agnieszka; Kwolek, AndrzejStwardnienie rozsiane (sr) jest przewlekłą chorobą demielinizacyjną układu nerwowego dotyczącą najczęściej młodych dorosłych z przewagą występowania wśród kobiet. Dokładna przyczyna sr nie jest znana. Przyjmuje się, że jest to choroba wieloczynnikowa. Rozpowszechnienie występowania sr na kuli ziemskiej jest nieregularne, uzależnione od szerokości geograficznej. Częstsze zachorowania odnotowuje się w szerokościach geograficznych o klimacie chłodnym i umiarkowanym aniżeli w strefie zwrotnikowej i podzwrotnikowej. Liczba osób z sr na całym świecie przekracza 2,5 mln, z czego około 630 000 zachorowań odnotowano w Europie. Polska znajduje się wśród krajów o wysokiej częstości występowania sr. Przyjmuje się, że zapadalność na sr w Polsce wynosi od 45 do 92 osób na 100 000 mieszkańców. Choroba rozpoczyna się zazwyczaj pomiędzy 20 a 40 rokiem życia, czyli w latach największej aktywności zawodowej, w związku z tym sr, będąc jedną z najczęstszych przyczyn długotrwałej niezdolności do pracy, stanowi znaczny problem nie tylko zdrowotny, ale również społeczny. Cel pracy: Celem pracy jest ocena częstości występowania i rozmieszczenia stwardnienia rozsianego w Polsce i na świecie. Metoda: Dokonano przeglądu piśmiennictwa krajowego i zagranicznego z lat 2008–2014. Przeszukano następujące bazy danych: PubMed, Science Direct, Termedia, Polska Bibliografia Lekarska.
- PozycjaDecreased Bioelectrical Impedance Phase Angle in children and adolescents with newly diagnosed type 1 diabetes: A case-control study(2018) Więch, Paweł; Bazaliński, Dariusz; Binkowska-Bury, Monika; Korczowski, Bartosz; Mazur, Artur; Dąbrowski, MariuszObjective. The aim of this study was to assess the body composition and nutritional status of children and adolescents with newly diagnosed type 1 diabetes by using bioelectrical impedance analysis (BIA) with phase angle (PA) calculation. PA is considered to be the most sensitive indicator of the nutritional and functional status and it has not been evaluated in such population yet. Research Design and Methods. 63 children and adolescents aged 4 to 18 years, with newly diagnosed type 1 diabetes, were included in the study. Control group consisted of 63 healthy children and adolescents, without diabetes or other chronic disease having impact on the nutritional status, strictly matched by gender and age in a 1:1 case-control manner. In both groups a BIA was performed and PA was calculated. Results. Diabetic patients had highly significantly lower PA, 4.85 ± 0.86 vs. 5.62 ± 0.81 respectively, P<0.001 compared to control subjects. Also lower percentage of body cell mass (BCM%), 46.89 ± 5.67% vs. 51.40 ± 4.19% respectively, P<0.001, lower body cell mass index (BCMI), 6.57 ± 1.80% vs. 7.37 ± 1.72% respectively, P=0.004 and lower percentage of muscle mass (MM%), 44.61 ± 6.58% vs. 49.40 ± 7.59% respectively, P<0.001, were found in diabetic group. Conclusions. The lower PA score together with lower MM%, BCM% and BCMI in diabetic patients indicate their worse nutritional and functional status compared to healthy subjects. To assess the predictive and prognostic value of these findings further prospective studies in this population are required.
- PozycjaDefinition of extreme physical activity determined through the Delphi method(Arch Budo Sci Martial Art Extreme Sport, 2013-03-01) Bąk, Robert
- PozycjaDynamika rozwoju morfofunkcjonalnego dziewcząt w wieku 13–15 lat(Wydawnictwo Uniwersytetu Rzeszowskiego, 2015) Tymczak, Monika; Pop, Teresa; Karczmarek-Borowska, Bożenna; Pitak, Mariola; Kultys, JacekWstęp: Zainteresowanie motorycznością człowieka rozwija się od niemalże początku jego dziejów. Stan i przemiany w zakresie motoryczności młodzieży są obecnie elementem strategii edukacyjnej państwa. Cel pracy: Celem pracy jest określenie różnic pomiędzy podstawowymi cechami somatycznymi dziewcząt w wieku 13, 14 i 15 lat, jak również analiza ogólnej sprawności motorycznej dziewcząt poddanych badaniom. Materiał i metody: Do badań zakwalifikowano 135 uczennic Zespołu Szkół w Starej Wsi w wieku 13, 14 i 15 lat. Każda z grup wiekowych liczyła 45 osób. Badanie przeprowadzono w kwietniu 2013 roku. U badanych wykonano pomiary podstawowych cech somatycznych: wysokości i masy ciała oraz zbadano zdolności motoryczne testem EUROFIT, a następnie zestawiono próby w poszczególnych grupach wiekowych. Wyniki: Uzyskano statystycznie istotne różnice zwinności, gibkości oraz siły statycznej w zależności od cech somatycznych badanych. Wnioski: 1. Dziewczęta charakteryzują się stopniowym rozwojem wysokości ciała oraz masy ciała. 2. Wraz ze wzrostem parametru wysokości ciała zaobserwowano obniżenie zwinności badanych dziewcząt. 3. Wykazano wprost proporcjonalną zależność pomiędzy masą ciała a siłą statyczną dziewcząt z badanych grup wiekowych. 4. W grupie 13- i 14-latek odnotowano istotną statystycznie zależność masy ciała i gibkości.
- PozycjaEffect of Dog-Assisted Therapy on Psychomotor Development of Children with Intellectual Disability(2020) Wolan-Nieroda, Andżelina; Dudziak, Jadwiga; Pniak, Bogumiła; Druzbicki, Mariusz; Guzik, AgnieszkaBackground: Although dog-assisted therapy (DAT) has been used for years, there is still a scarcity of research findings confirming efficacy of the method. The current study was designed to assess ef-fects of DAT on psychomotor development of children with mild intellectual disabilities. Material and method: The study involved 60 children with mild intellectual disabilities, aged 10–13 years, divided into a group participating in a 10-month DAT program, and the control group. Four tests were applied, i.e., finger identification, postural imitation, kinaesthesia, and Bourdon-Wiersma Dot Cancellation Test. The examinations were carried out before the start and at the end of the DAT, and at a two-month follow-up. Results: The results obtained by the DAT group in all the four tests, at all the three timepoints, were not the same (p < 0.001). No statistically significant differences were found in the measurement at the end of the therapy between the DAT group and the controls. On the other hand, the DAT group achieved significantly better scores (p = 0.001 and p = 0.001), compared to the control, in the follow-up measurements two months after the end of the therapy in postural imitation and finger identification tests. Conclusions: Some of the scores achieved by the children in the DAT group improved in the measurements performed over time. Two months after the therapy ended, the children in the DAT group presented greater gains in motor planning (postural imitation test) and in the sense of touch, attention, and concentration (finger identification test), compared to the control group. Although the measurement performed immediately after the therapy did not show significant differences between the DAT group and the controls, the exam-ination carried out at the two-month follow-up identified long-term gains in the treatment group in the domain of motor planning (postural imitation test).
- PozycjaFITNESS AS A HEALTHY LIFESTYLE AMONG INHABITANTS FROM RZESZOW(University of Rzeszow, 2014) Godek, Łukasz; Herbert, Jarosław; Sliz, MaciejAn important element of a healthy lifestyle is participation in a regular physical activity. Such recreational forms of physical activity as fitness for a long time fill people their free time. This translates into good relationships, success at work and optimistic attitude in our life. One of the main objectives of the study was to determine motivation and socio- demographic profile of women involved in one of the form of physical recreation- fitness
- PozycjaFood choices during pregnancy and gestational diabetes mellitus.(2017) Dąbrowski, Mariusz; Pawluś, DariaPrevalence of gestational diabetes mellitus (GDM) is continuously increasing worldwide. Nutritional factors are considered to play important role in GDM development. The aim of this preliminary study was to assess a relationship between frequency of consuming particular foods and GDM. Also pre-pregnancy BMI, weight gain during gestation, maternal age, pregnancy week at the time of delivery, newborn birthweight, family history of diabetes, educational status and place of residence were included into analysis. Study group consisted of 25 women who developed GDM, while control group consisted of 25 age-matched women with normal glucose tolerance (NGT) during gestation. All study participants completed the food frequency questionnaire with additional socio-demographic, anthropometric and pregnancy course data. Women with GDM significantly more frequent consumed white bread, white rice, sausages/frankfurters and fast-foods, while they significantly less frequent consumed whole meal bread, milk, sour dairy products, fruit and vegetables. They had also higher pre-pregnancy BMI, greater weight gain during pregnancy, and their newborns had higher birthweight. Results of our study indicate a crucial role of food choices during pregnancy in GDM development. It also indicate the need for professional dietary advice from the very beginning of gestation or even before conception, and during the entire pregnancy.
- PozycjaFREE TIME IN THE PARK OF CULTURE AND RECREATION IN THE OPINION OF RZESZÓW INHABITANTS(2015-12-14) Pyziak, Alicja; Herbert, JarosławA particular advantage of Rzeszów is its natural beauty. Rzeszów is a city which is exceptionally well maintained and rich in verdure. There is over 1000 ha of green areas on its territory. Urban areas occupy only 1/3 of the City. Rzeszów city parks allow realization of various forms of recreation. The objective of the thesis was to check the opinion of the city residents on the Rzeszów city parks and to get the information on various forms of spending free time.