European Journal of Clinical and Experimental Medicine T.16, z. 4 (2018)
URI dla tej Kolekcji
Ostatnio nadesłane materiały
- PozycjaA comparative analysis of the rehabilitation course of two patients after the implantation of an artificial hip joint(Wydawnictwo Uniwersytetu Rzeszowskiego, 2018) Handkiewicz, KrzysztofIntroduction. Endoprosthetics is the most effective method of returning to a normal way of life without pain. The key element is the post-operative rehabilitation program where a patient has to comply with certain rules and principles. The rehabilitation also includes the family of the patient. Each person, after any surgery requires an individual approach, and no patient can be commonly treated. Aim. The aim of the article is to compare the effects of an early rehabilitation after the implantation of an artificial hip joint in two patient cases. Description of the cases. This research was conducted at Bodden-Klinken GmbH. An individual case study was used, based on an example of two patients at the age of 59 who had implantation of an artificial hip joint. The carried out rehabilitation of the patients was conducted without any disruptions. Patients were able to freely walk on crutches nine days after the procedure. Conclusions. In the cases analyzed, the rehabilitation course was described until the ninth day after implantation of an artificial hip joint. High results in terms of patient rehabilitation were achieved. Furthermore, in order to continue their therapy, they were referred to the sanatorium.
- PozycjaMultistage treatment of a patient with developmental dysplasia of the hip: A case study(Wydawnictwo Uniwersytetu Rzeszowskiego, 2018) Cyran-Grzebyk, Barbara; Szczepanik, Magdalena; Majewska, Joanna; Bazarnik-Mucha, Katarzyna; Snela, SławomirIntroduction. Developmental dysplasia of the hip (DDH) concerns about 5 per cent of the newborn population, and congenital hip dislocation (1%) is considered a challenge in child orthopedics due to the risk of further complications. Recently, the occurrence of this illness has been decreasing due to early hip diagnostics in newborns and fast implementation of proper treatment. Aim. To describe multi-annual treatment and multiplicitous complications in a 15 years old patient diagnosed with DDH. Description of the case. Complications occurring, despite the treatment conducted in accordance with accepted standards, induced the necessity of surgical procedures. This paper describes applied surgical techniques, physiotherapy treatment, the functional status of patient during particular stages of treatment as well as current results of gait analyses. Conclusions. In spite of early diagnosis and treatment of DDH, surgical intervention does not always bring the expected result.
- PozycjaHow genetic predispositions may have impact on injury and success in sport(Wydawnictwo Uniwersytetu Rzeszowskiego, 2018) Czarnik-Kwaśniak, Justyna; Kwaśniak, Konrad; Tabarkiewicz, JacekIntroduction. Studies investigating the determinants of physical endurance were initiated nearly 30 years ago. The research was inspired by the curiosity to find out about the nature of talent for sport and why some athletes are better than others, despite the same or even greater effort in training routine, diet and the supplementation. An attempt was therefore made to determine the genotype of a perfect athlete, but conducted research showed that it is a very difficult task. Although 140 genes were proposed to affect of ideal sportsman fitness, scientists are still far from formulating answers about the nature of physical abilities and genotype. Aim. Our main goal was to review the literature about the selected genes and polymorphisms which are most often investigated in the context in relation to injury in sports. Materials and methods. Analysis of literature from US National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health, PubMED, Google Scholar. Results. We review the selected genes and polymorphisms which are most often investigated in the context in relation to injury in sports, we also present the function of genetic variants prevalent in athletes which are able to achieve better physiological adaptation during the training. Conclusions. There are probably more than 140 genes involved in physical performance. Changes in even one nucleotide within the gene (SNP) can improve the body’s adaptation to better physical performance and the frequency of injury to athletes.
- PozycjaThe potential of phythotherapy in otorhinolaryngology(Wydawnictwo Uniwersytetu Rzeszowskiego, 2018) Domka, Wojciech; Aebisher, David; Bober, Zuzanna; Ożóg, Łukasz; Bartusik-Aebisher, DorotaIntroduction. The objective of this paper is to review the evidence of the use of herbs in phytotherapy. Aim. To discuss plant properties and applications in otorhinolaryngology. Materials and methods. We analysed literature and collected information of phythotherapy in otorhinolaryngology. Results. The databases were searched using various keywords such as phytotherapy, otorhinolaryngology, and herbs such as: echinacea, eucalyptus, garlic, ginkgo, ginseng, kava, pelargonium sidoides, rosemary, spirulina, St John’s wort, and thyme. Conclusions. Due to the beneficial impact of meicinal plants in medicine there is a growing interest in analytical identification and quantification for clinical medicine and forensic toxicology.
- PozycjaMedicinal & Aromatic Plants(Wydawnictwo Uniwersytetu Rzeszowskiego, 2018) Domka, Wojciech; Aebisher, David; Truszkiewicz, Adrian; Bartusik-Aebisher, DorotaIntroduction. The objective of this study is to discuss the potential of plants species in medical applications. Aim. The main purpose of this study is to discuss ethnobotanically selected plants used in medicine. Materials and methods. We analysed literature and collected information, data, and examples of selected plants used in medicine. Results. The literature shows that for several decades, the properties of medicinal plants have been investigated and reported in the biomedical and pharmaceutical literature. Conclusions. This review includes studies on plants material. The properties of various plants physiology were discuuses with the option for the use in phythotherapy.