Ostatnio nadesłane materiały
Aktualnie wyświetlane 1 - 5 z 10
- PozycjaKrzysztof mroczkowski: „Wojna i „Pokój dla Galilei”. Militarne i polityczne konfrontacje Organizacji Wyzwolenia Palestyny i Państwa Izrael na terytorium Libanu w latach 1970–1985”, Wydawnictwo Uniwersytetu Rzeszowskiego, Rzeszów 2018, 558 ss.(Wydawnictwo Uniwersytetu Rzeszowskiego, 2019) Machniak, Arkadiusz
- PozycjaDyskontynuacja systemu prawno-państwowego i transformacyjnego Republiki Słowackiej w latach 1992–1994(Wydawnictwo Uniwersytetu Rzeszowskiego, 2019) Żarna, KrzysztofThe article concerns an analysis of the political situation in the Slovak Republic between the years 1992–1994 and the formation of the legal and state system. In the analysed period, the process of decomposition of the Czech and Slovak Federal Republic took place or, to be more precise, the finalisation of this process. The study is based on the assumption that in the analysed period there were many divisions observed on the political scene, which was the result of the lack of a stable political structure.
- PozycjaWpływ polskiego komponentu Aegis Ashore na relacje z USA i NATO jako determinanta bezpieczeństwa międzynarodowego(Wydawnictwo Uniwersytetu Rzeszowskiego, 2019) Murat-Bors, AleksandraThe proliferation of nuclear weapons and ballistic missiles combined with the growing threat from „rogue states” are the premises leading to the inevitable development of the missile defence strategy. The Aegis Ashore component based in Poland aims to protect American allies and resources in the European region from the growing rocket threat. The program, which was also included in the NATO Ballistic Missile Defence, is undoubtedly of great importance for international security. The article contains a presentation of the nature and purpose of the BMDS and presents the impact that the project has on Poland's relations with the United States and the NATO. It presents possible present and future implications for international security.
- PozycjaSytuacja bezpieczeństwa w Kosowie po 1998 roku z perspektywy Zachodu(Wydawnictwo Uniwersytetu Rzeszowskiego, 2019) Brylonek, MarekFor centuries Kosovo remained a disputed region between Serbs and Albanians. Sparse historical data reaching back to 14th century indicated the origins of the conflict, resulting from the outcomes of the Battle of Kosovo Polje in 1389, out of which derived statehoods of both Serbia and Kosovo. For Serbs this region is connected to the dawn of the Serb Orthodox Church. On the other hand the Kosovo Albanians claim that themselves being the descendants of the ancient nation of Illyrians, inhabited this region for millennia. Currently it is estimated that among the republic’s population approximately 90% are Kosovo Albanians. During Yugoslavia’s existence, Kosovo gained the status of an autonomous province within the borders of Serbia, one of the six republics of the Socialist Federal Republic of Yugoslavia. In spite of its autonomy Kosovo was entirely dominated by the Serb Republic. People of Kosovo never ceased in their efforts to obtain the status of a separate republic. The dispute turned into an armed conflict resulting in ethnic cleansing conducted by Serbs on the Albanian population. They were one of the reasons for the armed intervention and ensuing long-term presence in Kosovo of the NATO forces, the United Nations UNMIK mission, the European Union EULEX mission and a number of humanitarian and non-governmental organizations assisting in the state-building of the newly created republic. In the current publication the author presents the issue of multidimensionality of the international support for Kosovo in the area of security after 1998, with a special focus on the reform of the security sector. This article is a result of theoretical and empirical research. The scientific method was based on the analyses of the outcomes of discussions, consultations and interviews conducted with representatives of international organizations and selected countries. This publication was also based on interpretations of recent international events and conclusions of analyses of the indicated bibliography.
- PozycjaMiędzynarodowa ochrona migrantów klimatycznych – w poszukiwaniu realistycznych rozwiązań(Wydawnictwo Uniwersytetu Rzeszowskiego, 2019) Jakuszewicz, AdamLegal scholars have put forward a series of proposals to create a legally binding instrument for the protection of climate migrants. Their implementation, however, is fraught with political obstacles (in particular, the divergence of interest between developed and developing states, the sensitive nature of immigration and climate policies) and legal difficulties (problems with determining the scope of persons eligible for international protection, limited operationality of a universal international treaty for regulating such delicate and contentious matters and, in some instances, procedural obstacles). For these reasons the most effective approach to the issues of international assistance to climate migrants is to promote the perception of this issue as a form of adaptation to the effects of climate change. A helpful instrument that also may prove effective in this respect are multilateral and regional agreements.