Polityka i Społeczeństwo nr 3(13)/2015
URI dla tej Kolekcji
Ostatnio nadesłane materiały
- PozycjaSprawozdanie z konferencji naukowej „Zjawisko ludobójstwa w XX i XXI wieku” w ramach cyklu „Prawa człowieka wyzwaniem dla przyszłości”, 6 maja 2015 roku, Rzeszów(Wydawnictwo Uniwersytetu Rzeszowskiego, 2015) Żarna, Krzysztof
- PozycjaSprawozdanie z konferencji naukowej „Media w kampaniach wyborczych”, 27–28 kwietnia 2015 roku, Rzeszów(Wydawnictwo Uniwersytetu Rzeszowskiego, 2015) Kuca, Paweł
- PozycjaWpływ rozwiązań przyjętych w "Kodeksie wyborczym" na zjawisko koabitacji w gminach(Wydawnictwo Uniwersytetu Rzeszowskiego, 2015) Sidor, Monika; Kuć-Czajkowska, Katarzyna A.; Wasil, JustynaThe article presents the Electoral Code regulations which determine the relationship between the executive (mayor) and the municipal council (town council). Besides, regulations from other legal acts are indicated which have an impact on the phenomenon of cohabitation. In addition, the situation is explained where cohabitation appears in the municipality and is presented in the research on cohabitation in selected regions in Poland.
- PozycjaKobiety pilnie poszukiwane – system kwotowy w praktyce na przykładzie wyborów samorządowych w Częstochowie(Wydawnictwo Uniwersytetu Rzeszowskiego, 2015) Posyłek, MałgorzataThe introduction of the quota system, which guarantees men and women with at least 35 percent of places on the electoral rolls, posed a serious challenge for numerous election committees. It forced them to seek out competent women who would like to become involved in politics. It was not an easy task, because the majority of committees placed the women in positions close to the bottom of the lists, which ensured that election success was rather unachievable. This situation caused some women to resign from running for election to the local-government, therefore forcing the election committees to replace them, at a push, with other women, despite a number of male candidates applying to take their place. When it comes to elections results, they proved that the quota system is ineffective, because it favours men, who obtained the highest places on the rolls, and without the implementation of zipping, the number of women in politics will not be increased. This paper aims at presenting the practical aspect of applying the quota system in local elections in Częstochowa.
- PozycjaZmiany systemu wyborczego a wyniki wyborów do organu stanowiącego gmin na przykładzie województwa pomorskiego(Wydawnictwo Uniwersytetu Rzeszowskiego, 2015) Uziębło, PiotrThis Article should answer questions related to the practical application of the Electoral Code solutions related to the electoral system to the constitutive organs of the communes. The basic idea is whether the majority system significantly changed the composition of these organs in those communes of over 20,000 inhabitants, as well as the effects of the modifications brought about in shaping constituencies in cities with county rights. The research was carried out on the example of the twenty communes of the Pomeranian Voivodship. The results can hardly be considered optimistic. The use of single-seat constituencies made worse the representativeness of organs which, to a large extent, lead to over-representation of the strongest political or local groups in the various communes. The system also did not lead to an increase in the number of independent councillors. The situation in the councils of cities with county rights remained almost the same. Introducing the possibility of creating larger constituencies was not reflected in practice. All cities have maintained the current size of the constituencies, which in combination with the d'Hondt method, eliminated the representatives of smaller electoral committees from the composition of councils or marginalized the position of those representatives.
- 1 (current)