Tematy i Konteksty 5(10) 2015
URI dla tej Kolekcji
Przeglądanie Tematy i Konteksty 5(10) 2015 według Tytuł
Aktualnie wyświetlane 1 - 20 z 44
Wyniki na stronie
- PozycjaAnons kolejnego numeru „Tematów i Kontekstów” – Staropolskie i oświeceniowe piśmiennictwo religijne. Swojskość i uniwersalizm(Wydawnictwo Uniwersytetu Rzeszowskiego, 2015) Trościński, GrzegorzIn 2014 was published a volume of „Themes and Contexts” dedicated Old-Polish and 18th Century Religious Literature. In the sixth issue of our journal we would like to continue that topic. We are interested in exploring, analyzing and describing the phenomena of homeliness and universality in a former religious literature.
- PozycjaBez znieczulenia. O trudnych relacjach rodzinnych. Kaja Malanowska Patrz na mnie, Klaro(Wydawnictwo Uniwersytetu Rzeszowskiego, 2015) Maroszczuk, GrażynaContemporary prose frequently deals with ‘family martyrdom’. The heroines of Kaja Malanowska’s 'Patrz na mnie, Klaro' obsessively return to their difficult family past. Inherited strain turns into other idiosyncrasies. Grażyna Maroszczuk’s sketch entitled ‘Without anaesthesia. On difficult family relations. Kaja Malanowka Patrz na mnie Klaro’ focuses on the analysis of women’s entanglements that are still alive, though acquired in the past. Experiences from childhood become the matrix for reading the world in adulthood. On the other hand – according to Stephen M. Johnson’s 'Humanizing the Narcissistic Style' – one may say that we fail to dispose of the behaviours that are an integral part of our culture, which is contrary to life and which puts achievements above pleasure, status above love and appearances above reality. It puts the heroines of the above-mentioned novels in an oppressive situation in which a contemporary woman is forced to reconcile a career and intellectual ambitions with family life.
- PozycjaConrad’s Lord Jim and Dostoevsky’s Crime and Punishment: Contrastive Axiologies(Wydawnictwo Uniwersytetu Rzeszowskiego, 2015) Busza, AndrzejKiedy pół wieku temu autor tego artykułu rozpoczynał studia nad twórczością Josepha Conrada, w literaturoznawstwie wciąż dominowały tezy Nowej Krytyki, która twierdziła, że właściwe badanie odnosi się tylko do samego tekstu, pomijając w zasadzie kontekst historyczny, osobę pisarza, a także horyzont oczekiwań czytelników. Autor jednak opowiadał się za mniej „czystym”, a bardziej kontekstualnym podejściem, szczególnie w przypadku pisarzy tak związanych z rzeczywistością historyczną, jak Conrad i – może nawet bardziej – Dostojewski. Znajdując uzasadnienie dla swojego podejścia w „logice pytań i odpowiedzi” angielskiego filozofa R. G. Collingwooda, autor twierdzi, że "Zbrodnia i kara" Dostojewskiego i "Lord Jim" Conrada przedstawiają różne odpowiedzi na dziewiętnastowieczny kryzys wartości, szczególnie w sferze etyki. Conradowskie postrzeganie ludzkiej natury jest zasadniczo ironiczne, a jego wizja potrzeb człowieka jest hierarchiczna. Ludzką powinnością moralną i miarą naszego człowieczeństwa jest dyscyplinowanie i sublimacja niższych instynktów i namiętności. Dostojewski natomiast podkreśla niebezpieczeństwa spaczonego racjonalizmu i umiejscawia dobroć w naturze i ludzkim sercu. Jest to jednak wizja paradoksalna, ponieważ znajduje on tam również okrucieństwo, chciwość, egoizm i ślepe namiętności. Człowiek Dostojewskiego jest więc – jak jego świat – rozdarty przez sprzeczności nie do pogodzenia, które mogą być tylko transcendowane.
- PozycjaContents(Wydawnictwo Uniwersytetu Rzeszowskiego, 2015)
- PozycjaDie DDR in einer Autobiographie. Zu Werner Heiduczeks Die Schatten meiner Toten(Wydawnictwo Uniwersytetu Rzeszowskiego, 2015) Jaśkiewicz, GrzegorzThe paper Die DDR in einer Autobiographie. Zu Werner Heiduczeks ‘Die Schatten meiner Toten’ [GDR in an autobiography. The text of the Werner Heiduczek’s ‘Shadows of my dead’] is the result of research conducted by the author over the image of the GDR in the literature of personal documents (autobiography) writers from East Germany after reunification in 1990. The present text is an analysis of the autobiography of a German writer Werner Heiduczek ‘Die Schatten meiner Toten’, published in Leipzig in 2005. The analysis is preceded by a brief portrait of the writer and the contribution of autobiography as a literary genre and its role in relation to the text of Heiduczek. The analysis focuses on the complex relationship of the writer to the GDR, his assessment of the most important events in the GDR: uprising of 17th June 1953 and turn of 1989, keeping the events around W. Biermann in 1976 and its own place in society and politics as well as personal life.
- PozycjaDwie rozmowy o Józefie Wittlinie(Wydawnictwo Uniwersytetu Rzeszowskiego, 2015) Wielgosz, EwaThe leitmotivs of the interviews held with Elżbieta Wittlin Lipton are both the life and the artistic work of her father Józef Wittlin, the author of Sól ziemi. This fact makes the interviews more personal, because less-well-known facts and concealment are revealed, distortions are clarified and inaccuracies concerning the writer’s biography are accounted for. The first interview was recorded in March 2013 in Elżbieta Wittlin Lipton’s house in Madrid. The subject matter focused on Wittlin’s interests, sources of inspiration and friendships. In turn, the second interview was recorded in May 2014 in Rzeszów, and was a kind of reconstruction/quest of her father’s traces. These memories, or wayfarings, made by Wittlin’s daughter enable us to create a portrait of her father and outline the reception of his works. In this sense, the interview proves the reviving presence of the author of Mój Lwów in his motherland.
- PozycjaErrata do czwartego numeru „Tematów i Kontekstów” (2014)(Wydawnictwo Uniwersytetu Rzeszowskiego, 2015)Sprostowanie w tytule artykułu Profesora Jana Okonia wydrukowanego w numerze 4(9) 2014 „Tematów i Kontekstów”.
- PozycjaFantastyka i parafrazy. O dyskursie pamięci w twórczości pisarzy młodego pokolenia – Łukasz Orbitowski Widma (2012) i Paweł Demirski Niech żyje wojna! (2011)(Wydawnictwo Uniwersytetu Rzeszowskiego, 2015) Rutka, AnnaThe present article discusses works by Łukasz Orbitowski and Paweł Demirski, two authors representing the young generation of Polish writers whose texts stand in the opposition to a worn-out and highly ritualised trend of national-symbolic interpretations of memory. The debunking literary strategy of both authors relies heavily on the aesthetics of subversion. Choosing for 'Spectres' the genre of historical fantasy, Łukasz Orbitowski provides himself with a vast space of artistic freedom, using it for free reinterpretations and continuations of the existing narratives of memory. The theatre of Paweł Demirski and Monika Strzępka, in turn, is a theatre of linguistic performance which clashes sequences of language that transmit historical imagination and national self-awareness of Poles. In Demirski’s play theatre becomes a medium of protest against fossilised forms of memory, where graphically staged painful trauma is deprived of the aura of sacrum. Triviality and vulgarism of language demolish both the elevated phrases of the national culture of memory and the naïve pop-cultural representations of war and the Warsaw Uprising.
- PozycjaHomo holocaustus, czyli holocaustowe doświadczenia autobiograficzne kobiet(Wydawnictwo Uniwersytetu Rzeszowskiego, 2015) Żórawska, NataliaThe aim of this paper is to depict the motif of Extermination in autobiographical women’s prose after 2000. The paper demonstrates that in recent years more and more authoresses of the second and third post-Holocaust generation have been writing down their traumatic experiences and the reason for this lies in the social stigmatization of Jewish people. It is stressed in the paper that the Holocaust issues are part and parcel of a cultural taboo and – similarly to women’s prose – they are frequently ignored or evaluated negatively. The Holocaust issues are tackled by contemporary young writers of Jewish descent who – contrary to the authors of the previous generation – did not experience the mass murder of Jews; however, they feel its effects today. The paper proves that in Poland we fail to carry out research on trauma studies, and devoting attention to the woman’s viewpoint is very rare. The quoted examples from the autobiographical novels written by Ewa Kuryluk, Agata Tuszyńska, Roma Ligocka and Magdalena Tulli show that this kind of writing is becoming more and more important within the literature focused on annihilation. In comparison with the autobiographical works of Marek Bieńczyk, Jan Tomasz Gross and Michał Głowiński, the women’s holocaust stories are distinguished by authenticity, emotionality, intimacy and honesty of narration. The stories are devoid of pathos and they highlight the figure of a mother. Moreover, the confessions are based on the physical feeling of a legacy which has remained in their hearts and minds after the trauma their loved ones had to experience. We attempt to describe post-Holocaust women’s prose in comparison with Jewish literature in Poland as well as draw the reader’s attention to the characteristic features of these issues in comparison with the autobiographical works by men.
- PozycjaImplozja (nowej) prozy(Wydawnictwo Uniwersytetu Rzeszowskiego, 2015) Pasterska, JolantaIt is a fact that, since the turning point of 1989, there has been a discussion on the face of new prose. A specialist in literature, a critic and a reader face two main questions: what kind of prose it is and how to read it. In the long term, in turn, questions concerning the ‘trend’ and the quest for new prose arise. In order to attempt to answer these questions, one needs to pay attention to the causes and source/sources of the changes which can be found ‘outside’ the literature, and which are related to cultural, psychological, social and sociological transpositions. It is also important to determine the degree and direction of writing dependent on them. The authors of the papers gathered in this volume have portrayed a wide panorama of new prose and paid attention to both promising and less sparkling debuts. They have focused on the transformations of Polish prose, its aesthetic, ethical and cognitive values.
- PozycjaImpresje zaoceanicznego czytelnika(Wydawnictwo Uniwersytetu Rzeszowskiego, 2015) Sabo, RomanThe paper attempts to form a subjective judgment of literary events taking place in Poland after 1990. The author shares his observations on the literary works of Polish prose writers (Pilch, Karpowicz, Kuczok) focusing the reader’s attention on Joanna Bator’s novel "Ciemno, prawie noc". The language of artistic expression becomes the main point of reference. On the basis of the analysis of these two prose works we put forward a thesis that post-Gombrowiczan language: the language of derision, grotesque, baroque elaborateness, has lost its popularity and now it is covering the reality rather than uncovering it. In turn, at the other extreme one may find Andrzej Stasiuk’s "Opowieści galicyjskie". These are texts, narrations and stories which are suitable for reading; they can either delight or outrage. They stand on their own merits, so they do not need excessive analyses which interfere with the pleasure of reading.
- PozycjaKiemlicze pomogli. O Sienkiewiczowskich odniesieniach w prozie Karola Olgierda Borchardta(Wydawnictwo Uniwersytetu Rzeszowskiego, 2015) Rusin, JoannaBorn at the beginning of the 20th century, the popular Polish writer and captain of the Polish Merchant Marine, Karol Olgierd Borchardt, belonged to a generation brought up on the literary work of Henryk Sienkiewicz. "Potop" was Borchardt’s favourite novel, and Sienkiewicz his most acknowledged writer. Recalling his sailing at sea, especially in the novels "Znaczy kapitan" (1961) and "Szaman morski" (1985), Borchardt eagerly and frequently made references to characters and events from "Trylogia". Even in his unfinished book of childhood memories, "Pod czerwoną różą" (1991), published posthumously, while telling a family anecdote, Borchardt made references to Kiemlicze, known from "Potop". One may say that Borchardt remained faithful to Sienkiewicz for the rest of his life, invariably con amore referring to and citing the works of Sienkiewicz.
- PozycjaKonferencja naukowa „I wojna światowa w literaturze i innych tekstach kultury. Reinterpretacje i dopełnienia”(Wydawnictwo Uniwersytetu Rzeszowskiego, 2015) Jamrozek-Sowa, AnnaThe article includes conference report World War I in literature and other texts of culture. Reinterpretations and supplements, organized by the Institute of Polish Philology at the University of Rzeszów, which was held on 17-18 November 2014.
- PozycjaKrytyka „Wiadomości”(Wydawnictwo Uniwersytetu Rzeszowskiego, 2015) Lutomierski, MarcinRafał Moczkodan’s monograph entitled ‘Omawiacze, laurkodawcy’, publicyści i krytycy. Krytyka literacka na łamach ‘Wiadomości’ w latach 1946–1956 is the first attempt to tackle the problem suggested by the title. The reviewed work is well documented: all opinions and theses which are presented find their justification in the rich bibliography (including sources which are not only literary criticism texts), which the author is well versed on. Furthermore, the monograph has been written in a precise and interesting way, making the book an incentive to continue research on criticism and literary journalism in the area of ‘Wiadomości’.
- PozycjaManierysta w nowoczesności(Wydawnictwo Uniwersytetu Rzeszowskiego, 2015) Rabizo-Birek, MagdalenaIn the review main interpretation theses of Andrzej Niewiadomski’s monograph devoted to the writing of the outstanding emigration author from ‘the generation 1910’ Zygmunt Haupt have been presented. These are: the aesthetics of mannerism, critical diagnosis of modernity crowned with an attempt to build a constructive ethical and literary project and a thorough analysis of the key motives of his prose (including aviarium, art of mannerism, theatrum mundi, road-home, a landowner’s manor house, horses, word ‘strange’, ‘quaternary’ structures).The author presents writer’s workshop secrets and places him among the greatest representatives of Polish as well as European modernism.
- PozycjaMoje najdroższe kobiety (o kobietach w życiu Adolfa Dygasińskiego na podstawie epistolografii)(Wydawnictwo Uniwersytetu Rzeszowskiego, 2015) Niekra, MagdalenaDygasiński’s image created on the basis of his writing seems to be quite schematic. The paper is an attempt to look at the writer from a different perspective. We focus on the relationships between the writer and women who were most important in his life, namely his mother, sisters, lover, wife and daughter. Dygasiński’s private epistolography, which serves as research material, allows us to present both the portraits of the above-mentioned women and the writer’s opinions on women’s issues. It turns out that experiences connected with women had a considerable influence on Dygasiński’s life and it is possible that they influenced on the way the writer created the heroines in his novels. However, this problem needs further examination.
- PozycjaO wyglądzie stołów pańskich i chudopacholskich w powieściach saskich J. I. Kraszewskiego słów kilka(Wydawnictwo Uniwersytetu Rzeszowskiego, 2015) Modlińska, AleksandraJózef Ignacy Kraszewski is most notably known as a history enthusiast; however, he was also a knowledgeable observer of 18th century customs and the everyday life of certain social groups. One has grounds to say that the period in which he lived – namely the Saxons era, in which people led colorful social lives – was conducive to his interest. Also, the writer’s personal experiences are not without significance, especially his childhood and stay in Romanów, where Kraszewski familiarized himself with the rules of etiquette by which the gentry abode. Yet another interest that contributed to the accurate description of 18th century customs was the fact that the writer was a bibliophile. Looking through the Dresden archives, Kraszewski got a clear picture of the life of the society which allowed him to aptly depict the flavor of those times in his artistic work. Among a number of social niceties, Kraszewski paid special attention to the customs connected with the Old Polish dining table, namely its decorative qualities created by an abundance of crystal, trinkets, flowers, table linen, porcelain figurines and bright tablecloth. Finally, tableware seems to be part and parcel of such depictions.
- PozycjaOd szamańskiego transu do śmierci. Rozważania na marginesie intymnych zapisków, listów i wierszy Marilyn Monroe(Wydawnictwo Uniwersytetu Rzeszowskiego, 2015) Grzyb, KatarzynaThe paper puts forward a thesis that Marilyn Monroe, regarded as a culture icon of the 20th century, has a lot in common with a shaman, because she experiences alternative states of consciousness under the influence of psychoanalytical sessions. There is an association between what is happening in the mind of a shaman who is in a trance and the soul of an actress – regarded as the idol of collective imagination – who is regularly psychoanalyzed. In her poems, letters and intimate notes, whose style is very psycho-biographic, Marilyn Monroe gives an account of her auto-analysis, talks about a growing feeling of being different from others and writes down the moments of shamanic elation. By writing she expresses all things which fail to be expressed in other way, and her own notes are the post-notes of the trance states of the shaman. Nevertheless, she does not realize the fact that psychoanalysis is having a destructive effect on her life, and that it pushes her towards death, and finally kills her.
- PozycjaOko Innego w powieści Niskie Łąki Piotra Siemiona(Wydawnictwo Uniwersytetu Rzeszowskiego, 2015) Pasterski, JanuszPiotr Siemion’s novel 'Niskie łąki' (2000) has been acknowledged by the critics as one of the most interesting texts depicting the experience of the generation of young Poles during the political breakthrough in the 1980s and 1990s. The author focuses on the Polish path to capitalism and deconstructs the key myths of that period, namely the experience of martial law, emigration for work and the birth of the free market. The paper discusses the multidimensional structure of the novel and stresses the role of the main character as the Other (the Other One). Employing this figure allows the author to maintain a distance from the described reality and to impartially look at it from the outside. The eye of the Other seems to function as a camera recording only facts and confronting them with the ‘norm’ that is in his consciousness. From this viewpoint, no character of the novel is an unblemished man, because the reality is changing all the time and old myths are being replaced by new ones. As a result, the novel seems to be an acute image of Poland in times of change.
- Pozycja„Ostatni zgasi światło”. Polska proza po 2000 roku wobec problemu migracji unijnej(Wydawnictwo Uniwersytetu Rzeszowskiego, 2015) Nęcka, AgnieszkaThe sketch is an attempt to focus on the emigration/migration issue in Polish prose written after 2000 and to answer the question of whether we are only dealing with reports written by blue-collar workers as well as descriptions of the day-to-day struggle with reality, or whether we are dealing with more or less sharp playing with emigration patterns. The quoted examples prove that we are dealing with two variants concerning description of experiences during ‘EU migration’. On the one hand, we may speak about a positive pattern where emigration is treated as an adventure which is perceived as breaking free from existing obligations and imposed rigors. On the other hand, one may find a number of negative patterns, according to which emigration is a necessary evil. Thus, the writers reflect on the dramatic everyday life of an emigrant, eclipsing broadly defined problems with identity. They present complexes which make Poles living abroad give in to fate; they base the image of EU (e)migration on clichés and stereotypes. Additionally, one can observe a ‘gender’ division.
- 1 (current)